It is aimed at internationalizing faculty members’ prior knowledge and experience by enabling them to engage in an intensive intellectual and cross-cultural seminar in Turkey. Seminar series engage participants in learning about the achievements and challenges of a geographical region that has long contributed to the intellectual and cultural endowment of the world. The format and content of the seminar is designed to fit the requirements of visiting institutes. Seminars focus on selected themes of great importance to Turkey and the region, while also providing some insights into other issues in history, sciences, political science, the arts, humanities, and the social sciences.
Structure of the program
- Extensive pre-departure discussions via e-mail and telephone.
- Orientation to Boğaziçi University.
- Cultural excursions in İstanbul.
- Seminar series.
- Individual discussions with B.U. faculty members.
- Several group or individual professional excursions.
- Post-seminar evaluation meetings.